Saturday 12 March 2011

Devastation...Fear...Vunerability

Devastation of the things that we know and love around us leaves us in a state of fear, isolation and vulnerable to the unknown around us. How many of us have felt those feelings at sometime or another. I guess too there are those whom have never really experienced this, maybe...pretty sweet if this is true.

It is my thought that this is how the people of Japan must feel after the disaster of the recent earthquake. WIthout warning, your life as you know it is no more, it is unsettling. Homes are demolished, loved ones lost , injured or killed.

After hearing of these kinds of disasters, I know that I become much more intentional about my life. I make sure that I don't leave things left unsaid and celebrate as often and as much as I can for  the things in my life I am blessed with. It is also a time I remember my family in Japan that I have not been in touch with for so long and pray that they are out of harms way. <3 Sending love and prayers to Japan<3

A conversation comes to my mind that  I  had with a friend not so long ago about surrendering and it really made me think of what it takes to surrender to something, someone and or somewhere. It is a place perhaps or situation in your life that you give in to. Letting go is probably one of the hardest things for me in my life.

Being raised in a Japanese home were the optimal character has full control and does not lend itself to so called reckless abandonment of control. It is a struggle but a life's work, the one positive thing I have going for me is that I am an extremely emotional person which in my youth got me in a lot of trouble.

 A big part of letting go is also the ability to be honest, to ones self and to others around you. If only those around us could "let go" and be honest about ones feelings and challenges. Recently, it has been the crux of countless tears and laments for my self and my friends. The ability to see honestly; what it is we want and share this with others and also have them share the same.

So much work to be done and so much trust to nurture so that this can all actually happen...




No comments:

Post a Comment